Sunday, March 27, 2011

Our growing girl!

It seems like every time I turn around we are having to buy or ask for hand-me-down clothes and/or shoes for Miss Kenna.  She sure is growing like a weed these days! As of now she WAS in need of a pair of LACE up tennis shoes NOT velcro because she takes them off before we leave the house.  You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find lace up toddler shoes at a decent price!  I searched Wal-Mart, Target, Family Dollar, Payless, leaving each store empty-handed of her shoes.  Today, I started my search again, FINALLY I found some at Rack Room shoes for the price of $34.99!!! Are you kidding me? I understand they were a name brand but come on, they are for TODDLERS, they will outgrow them in a month or two, maybe they will last for three months before they switch shoe sizes.  Anyways, I did think they were adorable so I was going to get them since I had no luck finding any, anywhere else! But, first I wanted to check out the clearance rack to see what I could find.... Low and behold... a pair of pink and silver off brand lace up shoes in Kenna's next size! It was only one of two pair that the store had and they had them marked at $8.  Needless to say the $34.99 ones went back on the shelf and off to the check-out I went... The cashier rang me up and she said "Oh, these are only $4!"..... Score!! I knew it took me a long time to find a pair for SOME reason! Of course since they were only $4 and not $34, I continued my shopping on her at a few other stores! Until next time folks, have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. I am astonished at the prices for stuff for kids now days..for the price of one pair of niki's I could have bought clothes for mojo for a season. geez..
    I don't know if you've been to Marshals..but they have great mark down stuff..I got 5 pair of tennis shoes for under $100..can't beat that..kiss Ms Kenna for me.

    ReplyDelete